Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Pecan Pie!

Happy almost Thanksgiving!!! I hope each of you little turkeys are spending time with family, preparing your stomaches for the biggest meal of the year, and gearing your minds for the yearly Black Friday fiasco.

Because I love Thanksgiving (and eating) so much, I've decided to share my favorite Pecan Pie recipe with you! This little goodie has been plucked from the Loveless Cafe cookbook (an iconic Nashville restaurant with the most delicious Southern cooking you'll ever eat) and tweaked by yours truly. It really is the best pecan pie I've ever had, and I get compliments on it at every family/friend gathering. Here's the gold, ladies and gentlemen...

Loveless Cafe Pecan Pie



  • 1 (10-inch) baked pie shell
  • 1 and 1/2 cups pecans (halves/pieces)
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown suger
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 4 tbs unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 375. Place pecans in the pie shell and place shell on a baking sheet.  Whisk together eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon.  Whisk the melted butter into the egg mix.  Pour mixture over pecans. Bake for 35-40 min, or until puffed and firm in the center.  (NOTE: sometimes this pie turns out a little more runny than I'd like, so I add 1 tbs of cornstarch to the filling mix to firm it up!)

Happy baking, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
marie

No comments:

Post a Comment