Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes


They sure do look delicious, don't they? They are fabulous. Unfortunately, I did not create this recipe.  I wish I could take credit, but I've got to give a hat's off to Martha Stewart for this one- I've got her cupcake cookbook and am in LOVE with many of her recipes, this being one of them.  So while I didn't actually dream up this little decadent dessert, I had to share them with you- after all, you can't perfect perfection...

A little note I'll tell you before I even give you the recipe- the recipe makes 30 cupcake-sized cheesecakes.  I don't know what kind of living situation YOU have, but I've just got a roommate and a boyfriend, so there was no way we could eat 30 cheesecakes (or rather, no way we SHOULD.) So I split the recipe in half when I made mine, and still had more than enough to share.  Also, the next time I make these, I might add a little more sugar to the cheesecake mixture, and maybe a little lemon juice as well- yall know how much I love lemon, and think it would do a fabulous number on the taste of the cheesecake.  Now not too much lemon, mind you- just the juice from a couple slices. Taste as you go, or else you'll end up with lemon oreo cheesecake, which doesn't sound appealing.

This recipe is similar to one of the recipes I posted early on- Cookies & Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. However, these are straight cheesecake, no cake involved.  They are very easy and cheap to make, keep well in the fridge for several days, and taste like you spent a lot of time an money on them.  A very unique and simple dessert idea for a party!

There, now that we've got all THAT settled... here is the recipe!

Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes

  1. 42 Oreos (30 left whole, 12 coarsely chopped)
  2. 2 pounds of cream cheese, room temperature (I use 4 boxes of Philadelphia cream cheese)
  3. 1 cup of sugar
  4. 1 tsp of vanilla
  5. 4 large eggs, room temperature (lightly beaten)
  6. 1 cup of sour cream
  7. A pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.

With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.

Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.

Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.

Happy Cheesecake-ing!!
Cheers,
marie


No comments:

Post a Comment